As a citizen of Indiana, you are served by a County Coroner. This person “Speaks for the Dead” by investigating suspicious, threatening or unusual deaths.
- Constitutionally elected for four-year terms
- Resident of the county for at least one year
- Serves the role of an administrator of the death investigation
- Lives as part of the community and answers to its citizens
- Is required to complete a basic educational course in forensic science
- Is required to attend 16 hours of continuing educational annually